MRO and Steel Buyer Specialist
- # De Aperturas
Descripción de la Empresa
- Compile data from vendor invoices and supporting documents to verify accuracy of billing data and to ensure receipt of items ordered.
- Compile data to generate weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reports to be used for cost saving initiatives.
- Compare invoices against purchase orders and shipping and receiving documents to verify receipt of items ordered.
- Contact suppliers regarding errors in partial or duplicate shipments, prices and substitutions.
- Investigate and resolve billing discrepancies or misapplied cash transactions.
- Review all credit balances, refunds, and adjustments, and apply adjustments and/or corrections to corporate billing records.
- Interact and negotiate with suppliers.
- Form payment strategies to make timely A/P payments and mitigate supplier objections.
- Investigate payment problems while following corporate A/P policies and procedures.
- Communicate all delays or variances of inbound freight to the appropriate parties.
- Maintain strict control over inventory levels for production in orde5r to meet internal and external demand of product.
- Operate within an annual budget.
- Maintain appropriate and complete documentation regarding regulated products and/or hazardous materials.
- Identify discrepancies between shipments and orders and take action.
- Investigate causes of lost or damaged shipments and other matters.
- Make adjustments or conduct negotiations as necessary.
- Cycle counts of MRO items, reconciliation, and receiving.
- Convert requisitions to purchase orders.
- Other duties as assigned.
- The incumbent is responsible for the awareness, understanding, specific responsibilities and management of the Environmental Management System (EMS) as stated in EMS policy CEVPL.00005.
Perfil de puesto / Requerimientos / Conocimientos / Certificaciones
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in the Automotive Industry
- Demonstrated ability to accurately calculate, post, correct, and manage finances allocated to the supply of materials while operating within a budget.
- Strong knowledge of payment regulations and fair credit practices.
- Strong diplomatic, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills.
- Knowledge of accounting systems, budgets, and internal controls.
- Effective attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy.
- Strong work ethic and positive team attitude.
- Sound analytical thinking, planning, prioritization, and execution skills.
- Excellent teamwork and team building skills.
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Able to build and maintain lasting relationships with other departments, key business partners, and government agencies.
- Strong problem identification and problem resolution skills.
- Strong computer skills with high level of proficiency with Microsoft Office.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Mathematical aptitude
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Knowledge of CMS.
- Ability to manage multiple projects.
- Able to maintain confidential information
Knowledge of standard office procedures and practices.
Fondo de Ahorro (No aplica para todas las plantas)
Vales de Despensa
Seguro de Vida
Seguro de Gastos Médicos Mayores
Ámbito de aplicación de la Posición
The MRO and Steel Buyer Specialist is responsible for coordinating the movement of purchased materials from suppliers and addressing any supply/supplier issues. The MRO and Steel Buyer Specialist will review the production requirements of the company on a weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual basis. This position includes coordinating production requirements aligned with sales forecasts. The MRO and Steel Buyer Specialist is also responsible for maintaining and creating new relationships with suppliers and negotiation of prices and cost-saving measures to fit within the company budget. Data entry, report generation and analysis of the data are an ongoing duty. Other tasks include resolving issues pertaining to material defects, invoice discrepancies as well as delivery timelines.
Job Reference #: 5059