Health & Safety Coordinator
- # De Aperturas
- Seguridad e Higiene
Descripción de la Empresa
- Maintain awareness of amendments to the Occupational Health & Safety Act (OHSA) and Regulations, and make recommendations for their implementation.
- Perform job site safety compliance inspections including hazard analysis, safe work procedures, written reports and recommendations.
- Responsible for monitoring adherence to the company safety program by all (Company Name) employees and subcontractors.
- Research, plan, organize and conduct training programs/seminars for (Company Name) supervisors and field employees, with regard to WHMIS, Fall Protection, Orientation, Personal Protection Equipment, CPR/First Aid, industry specific related issues, etc.
- Ensure the timely completion of accident/injury reporting to Corporate Office.
- Perform additional assignments per supervisor’s direction.
- Coordinate the activities of other occupational safety personnel within one or more divisions and departments, if appropriate.
- Plan, design, develop, implement, and evaluate departmental occupational safety programs.
- Provide guidance to field personnel via safety briefings.
- Provide advice and counsel to management and other employee groups on a broad range of occupational safety issues and decisions.
- Write safety standards for electrical utility departments in compliance with industry standards and federal, provincial and local regulations.
- Design safety standards to conform to industry standards and federal, provincial and local regulations.
- Develop and implement complex safety programs by inspecting or reviewing areas, equipment, processes, and work activities for hazardous conditions in electrical utility areas.
- Develop and conduct occupational safety training for various workgroups, including evaluation and modification of programs to meet local, provincial, and federal OHSA requirements.
- Coordinate inspections, investigations, and occupational safety activities with departments.
- Direct and review the analysis of accident and injury data, identifying the needs for new or modified occupational safety programs.
- Research occupational safety information to assure the best available methods and equipment are adopted to minimize the hazards in the work place.
- Advise on improvements in tracking and reporting procedures.
- Lead and/or participate on teams with safety, technical, management, and other team members.
- Periodically act as a team leader to special task forces or teams.
- Provide direction and/or guidance to less experienced occupational safety personnel.
- Provide training to managers and others on occupational safety issues.
- The incumbent is responsible for the awareness, understanding, specific responsibilities and management of the Environmental Management System (EMS) as stated in EMS policy CEVPL.00005.
Perfil de puesto / Requerimientos / Conocimientos / Certificaciones
- Community College diploma in related field or;
- Ten years safety related work experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Safety certification training (e.g., CRSP, Workplace Hazardous Materials Information, MSDA) is considered a strong asset.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of the Occupational Health & Safety Act and Regulations and workers’ compensation legislation.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Proficiency with database applications and administration systems, specifically Microsoft Office.
- Ability to work effectively alone and prioritize.
- Must be a highly motivated, service and team-oriented individual with an attention to detail.
- Knowledge of concrete formwork, demolition, and heavy civil work is an asset.
- Working towards certification, or already certified, under the Occupational Health & Safety Act/Regulations is considered an asset.
- Enthusiasm for challenge and new initiatives are prerequisites.
- Strong analytical ability
- Supervisory and interpersonal skills are required
- Strong working knowledge of Human Resources Information System, specifically Super HR
- Troubleshooting ability is required
- Strong decision making and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated good internal customer service skills
- Proven good presentation skills.
- Good presentation skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects.
- Detail oriented
- Good computer skills
Fondo de Ahorro (No aplica para todas las plantas)
Vales de Despensa
Seguro de Vida
Seguro de Gastos Médicos Mayores
Ámbito de aplicación de la Posición
The Environmental, Health & Safety Coordinator develops, administers, and implements companywide occupational safety programs, ISO management and serves as the coordinator for the occupational safety programs within one or more divisions and/or departments. The Environmental, Health & Safety Coordinator plans, designs, develops, implements, and evaluates departmental occupational safety programs.
Job Reference #: 4701