- # De Aperturas
Descripción de la Empresa
* Coordinate and direct projects, making detailed plans to accomplish goals and directing the integration of technical activities
* Analyze technology, resources and market demand, to plan and assess the feasibility of projects
* Direct, review, and approve product design and changes
* Monitors progress against project schedules and budgets; recommends allocation of resources as required to accomplish goals
* Responsible for assisting in interviewing, hiring and training employees
* Oversee the development and maintenance of staff competence
* Perform plant capacity analysis
* Develops evaluation criteria that will serve to measure progress and effectiveness of departmental operations
* Determine monthly the manpower required for the production process
* Analyze and improve plant performance based on efficiency reports (Gaps) for each area
* Reviews department objectives for adequacy and consistency with corporate objectives
* Plans and formulates engineering program and organizes project staff according to project requirements
* Analyzes and solves engineering-related problems with the assistance of subordinate managers and department personnel
* Coordinates all customer and internal engineering changes
* Monthly reporting of departmental metrics
* Follow-up on permanent corrective action plans to resolve any outstanding issues related to quality, production, equipment, tooling, customers, and production controls
* Approve all tool process sheets, any changes to part, manufacturing process cost, material/ process standards and packaging
* Coordinate all engineering changes and approvals to meet customer deadlines
* Evaluate and approve all equipment required for programs
* Liaise with vendors for plant projects and equipment purchases for projects
* Reviews corporate quotes for new programs
* Promote and enforce a safe and healthy work environment in accordance with applicable legislation and company policies and procedures.
* Drive continuous improvement of processes, quality and cost to maintain profitability and competitiveness
* Responsible for maintaining IATF 16949 compliance within manufacturing.
* Manage CMS routers and bill of material for new product set-up and maintain current system data for engineering changes.
* Maintain product spreadsheets for engineering change impacts and customer LTA.
Perfil de puesto / Requerimientos / Conocimientos / Certificaciones
* Minimum 8 years working in manufacturing
* Minimum 3 years management experience, with technical leadership skills for problem solving.
* Extensive knowledge of engineering practices and principles as well as understanding scientific methods of problem solving
* Demonstrated ability with cost analysis, product design methods, interpersonal skills and the ability to integrate all of these skills to a productive cost-effective result
* Must be competent with CAD systems, DFA, DFM, FMEA, DOE, and FEA
* Must be proficient in Microsoft products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access, Project)
* Excellent program and project management skills with strong document management
* Excellent analytical skills including the ability to analyze, troubleshoot, process, change and improve design and equipment
* Familiar with legislative requirements and automotive OEM procedures (domestic and transplants)
* Demonstrates strong leadership and supervisory qualities
* The incumbent is responsible for the awareness, understanding, specific responsibilities and management of the Environmental Management System (EMS)
* English level: advanced
Fondo de Ahorro (No aplica para todas las plantas)
Vales de Despensa
Seguro de Vida
Seguro de Gastos Médicos Mayores
Ámbito de aplicación de la Posición
The Engineering Manager primary responsibility will be leading and developing the engineering team. The Engineering Manager will be responsible for directing, coordinating and exercising authority for planning, organization, leadership and completion of engineering projects. The Engineering Manager will coordinate programs and activities to achieve timely resolution to manufacturing problems and new process launches. The Engineering Manager will be accountable for the development of manufacturing capabilities and for ensuring proper manufacturing processing to obtain maximum productivity and quality.
Job Reference #: 5678