Automation Program Senior Engineer
- # De Aperturas
- Advance Manufacturing
Descripción de la Empresa
- Plans and develops methods and procedures for the implementation of assembly tooling and welding equipment within a specified budget.
- Directs program activities pertaining to assembly equipment and coordinates, in conjunction with other program managers responsible for the project.
- Directs or makes recommendations or requests of assistance to activities pertaining to assembly equipment and the personnel responsible for the design, construction, and implementation of assembly and welding tooling.
- Reviews and approves assembly tooling vendors’ proposed designs and processes and follows equipment through all phases of development.
- Reviews vendor progress to assure adherence to schedules and timelines, modifies or changes methodology or redirects activities as necessary to attain objectives within time and cost limits.
- Successfully works in conjunction with other program managers to ensure equipment satisfies the internal and external customer’s requirements.
- Prepare specifications for purchase of materials and equipment, include cost estimates and equipment layout.
- Modifies or changes the methodology or redirects activities as necessary to attain the objectives within time frame and cost limits.
- Escalates concerns and issues to the appropriate channels when necessary to the success of the project or objectives.
- Participates in, attends and/or leads customer meetings to review timeline, goals, objectives and other activities related to launch and ongoing programs.
- Perform root cause and failure analysis, as required.
- Provide expertise and guidance in the identification, analysis and resolution of problems.
- Inspect products and processes to identify areas of improvement.
- Operate computer assisted engineering and design software.
- Create technical reports, documentation, calculations and sketches.
- Maintain up-to-date engineering knowledge and stay current with industry trends and best practices.
Perfil de puesto / Requerimientos / Conocimientos / Certificaciones
- Minimum of 5 years manufacturing experience.
- Strong working knowledge of robotics and control systems pertaining to mechanical assembly and welding equipment.
- Strong working knowledge of Process Flow, Control Plan, PFMEA, Statistical Process, and Machine Controls.
- Expertise in processing and quoting new assembly equipment in an automotive manufacturing environment.
- Expertise in mechanical and electrical design related to Assembly Automation Equipment.
- Knowledge in robotic programming, PLC programming, spot welding, MIG welding, drawn arc stud welding and projection welding strong preferred.
- Knowledge of GD&T.
- Demonstrated understanding of engineering theories and principles.
- Strong Knowledge of ISO 14001/ TS 16949.
Fondo de Ahorro (No aplica para todas las plantas)
Vales de Despensa
Seguro de Vida
Seguro de Gastos Médicos Mayores
Ámbito de aplicación de la Posición
The Automation Program Senior Engineer serves as an automation and assembly systems expert, overseeing design, construction and implementation of welding and assembly equipment at the plants as well as at our suppliers’ locations. He/She directs activities concerned with the implementation of assembly tooling to fulfill the production requirements for new and existing programs and product launches.
Job Reference #: 5535